OT@NYU has the same admissions standards as our on-campus Doctor of Occupational Therapy program. To apply, you must hold an entry-level degree in occupational therapy and a master's degree.
Your completed OT@NYU application must include the following items:
- Statement of Purpose: This is your opportunity to introduce yourself and describe why you are pursuing doctoral study in occupational therapy. Your statement should be two to three double-spaced pages.
- Current resume/CV: Include any relevant work experience, and make sure all details are up to date.
- Transcripts: Upload copies of transcripts from every postsecondary school you have attended, including study abroad programs and community college, directly into the application. Please note that unofficial transcripts must include the following:
- Full name of the institution (no abbreviations)
- Student name
- Student ID
- Course title and grade received
- Grading scale (if different than 4.0 scale)
- Level of study
- Degree conferral date (if degree granted)
If the unofficial transcripts submitted do not meet the above requirements, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
If admitted to the program, you will need to provide official transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation: These letters should come from colleagues who have worked with you directly and can speak to your academic qualifications and professional strengths related to occupational therapy.
- GRE scores: Official GRE scores are required as part of your application, but you do not need to submit GRE scores if you meet the following criteria:
- You have earned at least a 3.0 GPA in your graduate program, and
- You have at least five years experience working as an OT after graduation, not including internship or fieldwork experiences completed as part of a degree program.
If you do need to submit these scores, your official GRE score report must be sent electronically to NYU Steinhardt from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) using ETS code 7865.
- English proficiency exam and TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores: These scores are required only if your native language is not English and you did not receive the equivalent of a four-year US undergraduate or graduate degree in which the main level of instruction was English. OT@NYU's ETS code for TOEFL scores is B498. The English proficiency exam is administered online by NYU's School of Professional Studies.
- Application fee: A $75 application fee is required upon submission of your application and can be paid using any major credit card. If you submit your application by the priority deadline, the application fee will be reduced to $45.
To learn more about OT@NYU, request information and an admissions counselor will contact you.